How to embed a picture in a forum article?

• toasty
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1604 by toasty
I'm not trying to embed a link - I don't have an online storage for my pictures.

I want to upload a small image file to drybagsteak.com from my hard drive, and have it appear in my posting.

I'm browsing with Firefox.

I click the Browse... button to the right of "Select image file to attach", select my picture, and click "Open". I return to the editing page, and the box has the name of the file -- but nothing has happened in the article.

And I don't know what to do next. If I click the button that says it actually inserts text into my article that says [img/] which, I think , means that this is the END of the embedding code. Is something different supposed to happen when I select the image file or click the [img] button? I tried logging in with IE, but all I got was "invalid token" - maybe because I'm already logged in using Firefox. This is a common operation. I'm a little frustrated that the Help section explains how to do ordered lists, which NOBODY uses, and doesn't say a thing about how to embed a picture. On the other hand, most people seem to have no trouble embedding pictures. Any help would be appreciated. Final word: go photobucket[img] it actually inserts text into my article that says [img/] which, I think , means that this is the END of the embedding code.

Is something different supposed to happen when I select the image file or click the button? I tried logging in with IE, but all I got was "invalid token" - maybe because I'm already logged in using Firefox. This is a common operation. I'm a little frustrated that the Help section explains how to do ordered lists, which NOBODY uses, and doesn't say a thing about how to embed a picture. On the other hand, most people seem to have no trouble embedding pictures. Any help would be appreciated. Final word: go photobucket[img] button?

I tried logging in with IE, but all I got was "invalid token" - maybe because I'm already logged in using Firefox.

This is a common operation. I'm a little frustrated that the Help section explains how to do ordered lists, which NOBODY uses, and doesn't say a thing about how to embed a picture.

On the other hand, most people seem to have no trouble embedding pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

Final word: go photobucket
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by toasty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clam Digger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Farmer, Musician, Cold Beer Judge, and Family Man!
More
7 years 3 months ago #1606 by Clam Digger
Replied by Clam Digger on topic How to embed a picture in a forum article?
I had the same problem and had to upload my pictures to photo bucket and then size them to 500kb or less. Then I was able to share from photo bucket. RRP was the one who advised me of this method.

I'm still not proficient at photo bucket. I used it ounce about two months ago, so it took awhile to figure out how to upload from there. I have to work today but tonight I will try to upload some more pics if I get back early enough.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
7 years 3 months ago #1607 by RRP
Photobucket is very easy to use for adding pictures here just cut and paste the option that is called the IMG Code. BTW that reduced size you selected is perfect not only for this forum, but most all forums on the net.

• toasty
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
7 years 3 months ago #1609 by toasty
Replied by toasty on topic How to embed a picture in a forum article?
If possible, I'd like to get it working where the pics don't have to be stored elsewhere. I see lots of pictures in the forum that are stored on drybagsteak.com and I'd just as soon figure how to use the easier method than learn how to jump through more hoops. I had the same results using Internet Explorer: selecting a picture doesn't seem to do anything.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
7 years 3 months ago #1610 by RRP
Drybag forum is set up to accept pictures which are hosted elewhere such as on Photobucket. This forum does not store your pictures.

• Clam Digger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Farmer, Musician, Cold Beer Judge, and Family Man!
More
7 years 3 months ago #1611 by Clam Digger
Replied by Clam Digger on topic How to embed a picture in a forum article?
Photo bucket is cool. You can get your pics from any computer and they are backed up. I look forward to getting all my pics on there. Just have to many things to do first.

Later I am running out the door!!!

Charlie B)

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds