[PICS] - Is this looking right? First timer.

• Jimodom802
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #15683 by Jimodom802
Pics: imgur.com/gallery/OggCWDb

Is this looking alright? Been in there for about 10 days, and just checked on it. Appears a good amount of air has gotten into the bag, quite a bit of water has collected in the bottom of the pan. About a half inch or so. Perhaps the seal wasn't that great. It wasn't a very powerful vacuum seal to begin with. Not sure if i should keep going, or abandon ship, or try and reseal? Advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 month 6 days ago #15684 by RRP
I'm a little confused. Is that a modern, frost free refrigerator that is used for food storage inside your home? It looks rather tiny like a dormitory size which only cools and does not remove the moisture. And you say there is water in the "pan"...you mean like the bag has leaked fluid into a catch pan below?
Ron

• Jimodom802
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 6 days ago #15685 by Jimodom802
Replied by Jimodom802 on topic [PICS] - Is this looking right? First timer.
It is a normal food refrigerator in the garage. On the top shelf. The garage is quite hot but the fridge is cold. And by pan, yes, i have it on a rack atop a sheet pan. Water appears to have collected into that pan. Quite a bit of water. From what i can tell it does not appear to be fluid from the bag (not red or hazy, clear odorless water)

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 month 6 days ago #15686 by RRP
BINGO! There are the problems! A non-frost free refrig in a garage or basement will not work! Even the location at the top shelf is totally wrong. The meat should be placed on a wire rack at the bottom of a refrigerator. At this point your meat may very well be rotting. Cut your losses and try to salvage it as best you can.
Ron

• Jimodom802
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 6 days ago #15687 by Jimodom802
Replied by Jimodom802 on topic [PICS] - Is this looking right? First timer.
Good to know - what's the best course of action? Cut off the brown stuff and freeze it?

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 month 6 days ago #15688 by RRP
Best to let your nose be your guide - if rotted it will drive you nuts with the smell...but if OK then yes trim and freeze.
Ron

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.582 seconds