VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!!

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2219 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!!
I just noticed that in my picture of my triple reseal there's some blood that has drawn up through the first seal and into the second sealed area. Clearly I didn't have a full seal on the first attempt as more blood was drawn up on the second attempt. The third sealed area looks clean.

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2220 by toasty
Replied by toasty on topic VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!!
Andy wrote:

I just noticed that in my picture of my triple reseal there's some blood that has drawn up through the first seal and into the second sealed area. Clearly I didn't have a full seal on the first attempt as more blood was drawn up on the second attempt. The third sealed area looks clean.

I agree entirely in that I think multiple seals are the way to go. That's using Sinbo style, FoodSaver style, or chamber-sealer style.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
6 years 9 months ago #2223 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!!
just an observation I have had so far...either my old Food Saver model 1050 has had a gasket problem all its life thus producing very narrow, but sharp and deep seals or the newer models have a wider sealing band! Could that be part of the reason we are getting different sealing results?

• BagLady
  • BagLady's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2224 by BagLady
Replied by BagLady on topic VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!!
Great responses thus far. "evil4blue" you've sure set the bar high for everyone to respond!! "Andy," your perspective was equally as rich and helpful. "RPP," you provided yet another substantial contribution and valuable perspective.

"Aiki" and "toasty," we are looking forward to the details of what you have wrestled with. That will be really helpful to future Forum participants.

We have lots more folks with VacMouse test kits in hand and working away. We hope that there is a great flurry of activity this weekend and more information comes flooding in!

Warmest regards,

Thea, aka BagLady :cheer:

Dry aging geek
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by BagLady.

• aiki
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • A big fan of BGE and Primo grills
More
6 years 9 months ago #2225 by aiki
Replied by aiki on topic VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!!
After working with the "smart" Foodsaver, it has not worked out. It would be worth finding an older model, replace the gaskets if necessary and use the Vacmouse. Since there is a sensor that trips the sealing mechanism, the pantyhose trick would be invaluable to the process.
Other than that, the first ribeye is halfway there and a second one has been in the refrigerator for two days!

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
6 years 9 months ago #2226 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic VacMouseketeers POST HERE!!!!
aiki wrote:

... It would be worth finding an older model, replace the gaskets if necessary and use the Vacmouse.

Here's an idea...I know for a fact that the company that makes FS sells factory re-furbished units at a steep discount. You might want to check with them to see what older or at least less sophisticated models they have available. As I recall even these refurbs have some kind of warranty.

Ron

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds