Aging previously frozen beef

More
2 years 6 months ago #10087 by G $
Replied by G $ on topic part of my meat froze
hey have a big question.
im currently dry aging 3 10lbs ribeye roasts 30lbs, i started it prior to finding your product, which im going to start using.
i am currently at 10 days of dry aging with 11 to go. i noticed today that the half of 2 of them is frozen. the meat smells good still. i lowered the fridge temp. is it still safe to use? or is it completely ruined?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 years 6 months ago #10088 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic part of my meat froze
Welcome aboard! In the case of your meat being frozen then it will need to thaw since the ideal temperature range for dry aging is 34º to 38º. If you have already sealed your frozen meat you are fine, but you should take in consideration the number of days it takes to thaw and then starting your aging count from there. As for the meat being ruined? No way!
Ron

More
2 years 6 months ago #10089 by G $
the meat is unsealed, im using a method of leaving it open, first time and last time. im going to start using your system.

More
2 years 6 months ago #10090 by G $
i was concerned since the meat was in the middle of dry aging and froze. thanks for the quick response

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 years 6 months ago #10091 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic part of my meat froze
Sorry I misunderstood. So this really isn't a question about UAMi bags then - right? So if your question is merely a matter that the raw meat you are aging "nekked" is still frozen - then no it really isn't aging since aging is a matter of reducing the water content in the meat.
Ron

More
8 months 4 weeks ago - 8 months 4 weeks ago #15252 by Han
Replied by Han on topic Aging previously frozen beef
Hi
Just started Day 1 ofthe dry age process using Dry Age Bags on a fridge thawed frozen ribeye. Noticing there are still liquid accumulating in the bag edges despite previously removed the excess liquid in the original vacuum pack prior to inserting it to Dry Age Bag...
What can be done with the excess liquid? Anything to be concerned about? Will the excess liquid be gone eventually?

Thanks in advance...
Last edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by Han.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds