Posting pictures onto the forum (10 Jun 2015)

This forum server does not host picture files. Therefore the best way to post pictures onto this forum is to use www.photobucket.com and copy the link for the image to the text field of the forum post.
The image link starts with (IMG) http:.....etc.

Landjaeger recipe????

• Otis
  • Otis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #8903 by Otis
Merry Christmas everybody. Quick question. I received a few spice packs for making my own salami. One problem, I can't find a recipe or video which tells me the kind of meat to use to make the landjaeger. Pork, beef, veal, turkey, pork belly, venison??? Any body know what is supposed to be used for making 5 lbs. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help. Happy holidays.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #8906 by Trebor
Here you go Otis. Note that you will be unable to smoke UMAI dry.

www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/landjager

lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Roh-landjaeger.pdf

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8909 by nepas

Otis wrote: Merry Christmas everybody. Quick question. I received a few spice packs for making my own salami. One problem, I can't find a recipe or video which tells me the kind of meat to use to make the landjaeger. Pork, beef, veal, turkey, pork belly, venison??? Any body know what is supposed to be used for making 5 lbs. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help. Happy holidays.

Made LJ any times. You can use all beef or a mix of beef and pork. Venison will work also. The Poli recipe is good. You will not be able to use the UMAi bags with any heat, if you want smoke you can cold smoke after the UMAi process.

UMAi LJ.

When i made a LJ press traditional made LJ. Non UMAi. Pork and beef.

We are full time RV'rs. 40' 5th wheel.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8910 by Jim
We used 90% pork shoulder and 10% backfat in our recipe. Also you can lay them so they but up against each other together on a cutting board and press with another board and ferment them like that for 48-72 hours. They come out pretty nice and square.
We will have a video out soon for Landjaeger. BTW, the spice blend does have some powdered smoke in it and gives you some suddle smoke flavor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Otis

• Otis
  • Otis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8911 by Otis
Thanks for the responses everyone. Look forward to the upcoming video.

Moderators: ja09RRP
Time to create page: 0.497 seconds