Posting pictures onto the forum (10 Jun 2015)

This forum server does not host picture files. Therefore the best way to post pictures onto this forum is to use www.photobucket.com and copy the link for the image to the text field of the forum post.
The image link starts with (IMG) http:.....etc.

Bag not completely evacuated of air

• clayrobinson
  • clayrobinson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #8904 by clayrobinson
It seems that the bag that my rib roast is in is not completely evacuated of air. Or at least the bag is not completely adhered to the roast. Do I need to start over?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #8905 by RRP
Without even seeing a picture I will venture a big NO! Can you post a picture though? The UMAi Dry Bag does not need to have a "perfect" vacuum to age your meat.

BTW last night my wife and I shared a really thick ribeye steak from a sub-primal that I had aged for 62 days and then "steaked out" and froze way back in 2014. Once aged and frozen you can start to build up an inventory aka "stash" of wonderful aged steaks.

And a belated Merry Christmas 2016! Ron

• clayrobinson
  • clayrobinson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8907 by clayrobinson
How do I post you a picture.?

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8908 by RRP
This forum server does not host picture files. Therefore the best way to post pictures onto this forum is to use www.photobucket.com and copy the link for the image to the text field of the forum post.
The image link starts with (IMG) http:.....etc.
Ron

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #8926 by Bubbbaloo
Here is a link to a pic of a prime rib that has been in bag since December 22, a lot of air has escaped. Should I leave it or rebag?

s38.photobucket.com/user/Bubbbalooo/medi....jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

The strip loin below the prime rib is aging nicely

Thanks
Ted
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by RRP. Reason: added the correct link to show your picture.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #8927 by RRP
You definitely have a major leak somewhere in your bag for it to have ballooned up like that. If it were me rather than to re-bag it I would carefully examine it for a tear(s) and then using sealing tape cover the tear(s). Then take scissors and cut a small hole on one corner and push as much air out as I could. After that stick a straw in the hole or a piece of tubing and using lung power suck the rest of the air out and quickly seal the corner using a bread twisty. BTW a perfect vacuum its not a requirement. Ron

Moderators: ja09RRP
Time to create page: 0.629 seconds