what is the max duration that I can dry aging using these bags

• Avi
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #13669 by Avi
its in the bag from the 29-JUL, can I leave it till next week?
so it will be ~42 days

thanks
Avi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 year 4 months ago #13670 by RRP
I've dry aged meat for 60 days without a problem. I recall someone here had gone over 100 days also without a hitch!
Ron

• Avi
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #13671 by Avi
Hi,
I have 11.5Kg in my fridge, can I cut half and re-sealed the rest for another aging?

thanks
Avi

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 year 4 months ago #13672 by RRP
As I recently told LandtoSea:

Some people have reported doing just that! Some have even lopped off steaks then froze them, resealed the bag - aged longer and repeated the same and aged the remainder. Then as I recall he had buddies over and they sampled all in a blind taste test and scored them secretly. The results as can be imaged the longest aged steaks won hands down!

Now one thing to consider before you start this process of lopping off a steak or two. The bag may tear since it has been adhered to the meat! Also do in a clean setting so you don't introduce bacteria in the part(s) back in the UMAi Dry Bag.

Ron

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #15285 by JamesMark
Ron,

I intend on dry aging a large cut for 60 days, cutting off two steaks for cooking, and then want to dry age the remaining cut for another 30+ days. Do you suggest cutting off the steaks from the same end? Should I trim the untouched end before putting into a new bag for additional aging? Or should each steak come from opposite ends? Hope this makes sense!

James

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #15286 by RRP
James, You just need to be careful peeling back the bag enough to cut off 2 steaks from the same end. That way you should be able to reseal or at least gather the material enough and close it with a bread twisty.
Ron

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds