• jtnole10
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 6 days ago #13863 by jtnole10
First Timer was created by jtnole10
Hello everyone, first time giving it a go. I started aging a ribeye 9 days ago and have a question about what I am seeing. My ribeye is on a rack in the refrigerator and the top and ends are firming up as expected. Out of curiosity I checked the bottom of the ribeye and it is firming up around the edges but for the most part the bottom is still moist. I have flipped it over for the time being as I suspect that my rack isn't tall enough and getting enough airflow on the under side. I do not notice any type of foul smell, would you think this is ok? For the time being I will keep it flipped in hopes that the bottom (now the top) will catch up to the rest. Thank you for your time! Oh, by the way, going 28 days on this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 week 6 days ago #13864 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic First Timer
Welcome aboard!!!

From what you have reported/asked I am confident you are just FINE! I understand why you felt the need to flip it over and that was OK to do. From here on though I would suggest you just leave it alone, rather than risk your handling which "could" cause a tear in the UMAi Dry bag.

Be sure to report back with your results...and in the future you might want to get a taller rack so no flipping would be needed. Plus you might want to cruise on past 28 days and try 35 or 45 days in future aging periods!
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds