Disinfection

• Zawis
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #14095 by Zawis
Disinfection was created by Zawis
Hi! I would like to know if there’s a way to disinfect meat before wrapping it inside umai bag , thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BagLady
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #14096 by BagLady
Replied by BagLady on topic Disinfection
There is need or means of sterilizing the surface of raw meat. We recommend transferring from processor cryovac packaging directly into UMAi Dry®. This way you avoid any potential surface contamination.

Dry aging geek

• Zawis
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #14097 by Zawis
Replied by Zawis on topic Disinfection
What if I don’t have it In a cryovac packing , is there any product i could use to clean the surface?

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #14099 by nmgermann
Replied by nmgermann on topic Disinfection
I'm curious about this as well. My plan is to get my meat from my local butcher, which means that there is no cryobag to do the "safe transfer method". My assumption that due to the freshness of the meat, by having a clean and disinfected environment (along with clean and disinfected hands), minimal handling shouldn't be an issue.

Is this a correct assumption?

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #14100 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Disinfection
I personally have purchased sub-primals from the display case of a couple highly reputable butcher shops and never thought once that they needed to be cleaned before bagging.

OTOH when I purchase meat in the cryovac I always take a clean cloth wetted with 91% rubbing alcohol and wipe down the exterior of the cryovac. Why? You might ask? I see
people just like me bent over the display bins sorting through all the meat available. I just wonder how many hands have handled that meat before it gets put in the bin. I've even seen a man sneeze over the display bin!
Ron

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds