Newbie thinking about using a FoodSaver FM5480 UMAi Dry Large Charcuterie

• adkorn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #14120 by adkorn
Hello!

I am really excited about using UMAi bags for dry aging but I need to buy a Vacuum Sealer and would like to be sure it will work. I am thinking about buying a FoodSaver FM5480. I have read the the Vacuum Sealer Info, and looked for posts about FoodSaver FM5480 and I am a bit confused because of the following reasons:
  • The Vacuum sealer info said FoodSaver band is good, so this is good.
  • There are warnings about vertical sealers and FoodSaver FM5480 looks kind of vertical, but I am not sure it is.
  • There is one post about someone having trouble with FoodSaver FM5480 and UMAi bags, but it is not clear if this was a newbie like me learning, and if he actually solved his issues.

So could someone give me any advice on this model working with UMAi Dry Large Charcuterie.

I thank everyone in advance for any advice you can give me,

Best regards.
Adrian K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #14126 by RRP
The manual lid and latch type FoodSavers are going to be easiest for the UMAi Dry® application. Take a look at ”Not All Sealers are Equal” button on the DrybagSteak.com Home page: www.drybagsteak.com/dry-age-cure-vacuum-sealer-comparison.php

Ron

• adkorn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #14127 by adkorn
Thank you Ron!!! I am going for the FoodSaver FM3920 then, seems to be the one to buy with a latch from that brand.

Link to sealer:
www.foodsaver.com/vacuum-sealers/counter...920-ECR.html#start=1

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds