Striploin not drying out

• Dosman55
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #14299 by Dosman55
Striploin not drying out was created by Dosman55
Hi everyone, I have recently started my second round of dry aging striploin, my first one went off flawlessly in my old beer fridge I recently got a newer fridge and started the process on two more strip loins they have been in the fridge for about 3 weeks and there is still a lot of moisture in the bag I'm assuming this fridge is not well suited for dry aging is there any way to salvage these two loins?
Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #14303 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Striploin not drying out
Sounds like your "newer fridge" is not a frost free or it is not in proper working order. All you can do now is to either buy one new unit or borrow a buddy's frost free shelf. Maybe someone will come along with a better idea!
Ron

• Dosman55
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #14305 by Dosman55
Replied by Dosman55 on topic Striploin not drying out
Thank you very much for your quick response Ron I'm sorry I should have been more clear I'm wondering if you think that if I did put it in a buddy's fridge the meat would still be salvageable or I was debating about leaving it in the fridge out of the bag with a fan and some salt and see how that works.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #14306 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Striploin not drying out
Even though that newer fridge is not frost free then if it did keep a constant temperature of 34 to 38º the meat should still be good, but more of a wet aging than a dry aging. Your best bet is to give the meat a good up close smell check before proceeding.
Ron

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds