I hope i did i right?

• Larocco
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #14682 by Larocco
I hope i did i right? was created by Larocco
I recieved my bags 5 days ago. Went to the store and bought 4kg stiplloin. The biggest i could find. Well half of the bag was empty (didn’t know i can cut them). I did everything according to instructions. Could u please look the pic and tell dose it look ok?
http://tinypic.com/r/209ppuv/9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #14683 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic I hope i did i right?
Welcome aboard, Larocco. Too bad about the wasted bag material. One thing that does stand out to me though is laying the bagged meat on top of that excess material. It would be wise to roll up that end and clamp it so that it stays away. Otherwise It looks good from here!
Ron

• BagLady
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #14759 by BagLady
Replied by BagLady on topic I hope i did i right?
Larocco,
How did the aging go? We'd sure like to hear.
Next time, you want to get a processor packed (cryovac) whole subprimal. The butcher case meat (4 kg) would like have been handled and trimmed. It is not moist enough to get a good bond with the UMAi Dry® membrane easily. Also, you don't waste the bag!

Dry aging geek

• Larocco
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #14763 by Larocco
Replied by Larocco on topic I hope i did i right?
I left it only 3 weeks in.I was really curious and couldn't wait longer lol. Had a small party and we did them caveman style. they were great. In mean time i bought 7kg ribeye and put it in. Its been three weeks in and in a week and a half i plan to take it out. It has a nice brownish colour already and firm crust when i touch it. will put some pics when i take it out

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds