UV lights

• Ottter
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 2 days ago #14701 by Ottter
UV lights was created by Ottter
Hi ,I am stetting up my first attempt at dry aging. I had read in a few places that some people use UV lighting for sterilization of the refrigerator. I am very familiar with use of UV. However, I thought in part that one would want some level of microbes in the refrigerator as that is what I understand can give the beef its flavor. My understanding is that the bugs you do not want are those which propagate at higher temperature. SO is UV helpful or hurtful to both the process or the flavor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #14703 by BagLady
Replied by BagLady on topic UV lights
UMAi Dry® aging does not require UV lighting or other special equipment. All you need is a processor packed subprimal, an open wire rack and a modern frost free refrigerator in regular use located within a consistently room temperature environment.

Dry aging geek

More
2 weeks 11 hours ago #14755 by BagLady
Replied by BagLady on topic UV lights
Ottter,
The only place we have seen true mold inhibiting UV lighting used is large commercial open air dry aging rooms. They also have high tech humidification and de-humification cycles, and they age $10,000's of meat all at once, with no-one ever entering the room between set up and pull date.
With UMAi Dry®, none of this is necessary, either for commercial or home users.

Dry aging geek

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds