• jimwangkcbs
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #14806 by jimwangkcbs
What to do with pellico? was created by jimwangkcbs
Hey guys,

I just started my first 13lb boneless Angus choice ribeye.
I am aiming for 35 days dry age and I am wondering what's an appropriate use of the trimming?

I did some googling and some suggested adding the hard trimming into the burger grinder to make some dry aged burger, while others suggested against doing so claiming there would be a unpleasant flavor. What are your experience on doing such thing?

Also, some also suggested rendering the trimming's fat into dry aged tallow and fry the steak in the oil, which to me seem wasteful sometimes but if there no other way of using the trimming i guess that's what I will do.

If you guys have other method of using the trimming, please share with me too! I would hate to waste some of the valuable meat even if its hard as rock!

Sorry if theres already other people asking this question but I did some search and doesn't seem like theres a topic on this.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BagLady
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #14807 by BagLady
Replied by BagLady on topic What to do with pellico?
Thanks for starting this topic. There are plenty of opinions about how to use trim floating around on the internet.

Though it may be disappointing, our position is that dry aged trimming are not suitable for human consumption. We certainly can not recommend the be used in a grind.

Dry aging geek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds