• Nazdra
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #14922 by Nazdra
Should I rebag? 2 weeks 4 days. was created by Nazdra
Hey All,

I'd really love some advice about rebagging the choice ribeye I have in my fridge right now. Its been a little bit over 2 weeks and the adhesion seems ok. But now the front of the bag has completely come away from my rib eye. I've pulled the steak out to see if I can find a hole that would have let all that air in but whenever I try to push the air around I don't hear anything coming out but it also doesn't seem too bubble up anywhere as if the bag were definitely sealed so I suspect I may have a small puncture I just cant find with my eye.

Here are some pictures I'd really love some advice! Also the fridge smelled a little bit sour but we did have some really old bananas in there that stunk a fair amount so I've now put some baking soda in there and I'm going to see if that helps with the smell and then smell the bag in a couple of days.

imgur.com/a/p8CvB6t

Here is a gallery with some titles that describe what I was going for in the shot.

Also the side where the bag separated is still kind of soft to the touch and can be pushed in where as the opposite side has developed a pretty solid crust.

Another edit you can see it as well but its there in the 1st and 3rd picture and that is an air pocket that runs a line down the rib eye.
Last edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Nazdra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #14924 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Should I rebag? 2 weeks 4 days.
I have reviewed your pictures and honestly see nothing to be worried about. You do not need a perfect vacuum. Air pockets are commonplace due to the "hills and valleys" where the bones were cut out.
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds