Anyone ever do sirloin?

• chrismariusb
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #15028 by chrismariusb
Anyone ever do sirloin? was created by chrismariusb
Hey all. Still pretty new to this whole process, but eager to learn more by the best method possible... Dry-aging more meat!

Has anyone ever tried dry aging sirloin? I've never been a big fan of sirloin but perhaps the magic of dry aging could make it better.

If I were going to try it, any recommendations on what to ask the butcher for?

Also happy to hear about anyone's experiences with dry aging sirloin or their recipes. Considering possibly grinding some up with chuck and some of the trimmings from my prime ribeye that's in the fridge right now. Thinking I can make some very tasty hamburgers in this way.

Thoughts? Opinions? Advice? Lay it on me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hillbilly John
  • Away
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 weeks 2 days ago #15046 by Hillbilly John
Replied by Hillbilly John on topic Anyone ever do sirloin?
Haven't, probably wouldn't. Though the meat market I worked at actually had prime grade sirloin that actually had some marbling...not like the junky thin sirloins you get at the grocery store.

That is just strictly my opinion. Not saying it wouldn't work but I just can't imagine trying it with the junk from the store.

Presque Isle, Wi - A friendly drinking town with a fishing problem.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #15047 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Anyone ever do sirloin?
Yes I have! 2 or 3 for sure! Perhaps sirloin isn't great having as a Saturday night steak, but I use sirloin for both kabobs and for strogganoff. Dry aged sirloin makes both those uses a definite knotch or 4 better!
Ron

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds