1st time dry aging need help.

• Meathead
  • Meathead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #15195 by Meathead
1st time dry aging need help. was created by Meathead
I ant figure out how to upload pics so ill just explain. I have a prime rib roast that started out at 20lbs. I have contact the is decent but where the bones were and a few other places the bag didnt stick extremely well. I am 10 days in and so far all looks well. No smell at all. Turning dark and forming a bark on outside. Does this sound like I am headed in right direction and is it ok if there are some loose areas in bag. Its in a fridge that gets cycled well and at 36 degrees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 month 1 week ago #15200 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic 1st time dry aging need help.
Sounds typical to me! Those areas where the bones were cut out are called the valleys and no the bag will not be down in them and even if somewhat, there is no contact. I believe you are doing well!
Ron

• Meathead
  • Meathead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 4 days ago #15226 by Meathead
Replied by Meathead on topic 1st time dry aging need help.
Thank you for the reply. So far its looking really good. I am 19 days in and really zero smell. Bark is mahogany and nice hard bark. Cant wait to see how this turns out. I bought a dedicated commercial fridge for 175.00 that works perfectly. Temp stays at 35 to 36. Also has very good air flow. I am going to turn this into a dedicated dry ager if this one goes well.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds