First time setting up

• MrSteak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #15323 by MrSteak
First time setting up was created by MrSteak
Purchased some bags to try this out and curious on the fridge situation. I have a extra fridge I keep indoors for extra but it’s pretty old. There is never any moisture or condensation inside and holds a constant temp. Can I use this older fridge if I install a fan to circulate the air? Trying to find more details on proper fridges but everyone just says use a new one and this one already has wired racks so figured would be a good fit.

Not wanting to ruin any food so figured would ask a few questions before bagging and continuing

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #15325 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic First time setting up
Some here may chime in and say you will be OK, but we recommend the use of a modern, frost free unit located inside your home. While you say there is no condensation then even with a fan circulating the air the unit won't remove the moisture being given off the meat as it dries. Opening the door several times a day will let the air change which may get you by using that old unit.
Ron

• MrSteak
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #15326 by MrSteak
Replied by MrSteak on topic First time setting up
Thanks for the response. I didn’t want to gamble it today so went and bought a new fridge and a few wagyu striploin and BA prime ribeye loin. Wish me luck!

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds