How many days for best flavor? 35, 45?

• khoey
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #15845 by khoey
Having just done 36 days there was not that much dry age flavor, I have more I am taking further to experiment with.

What is everyones "go to" dry age time they prefer to do and really notice the difference?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #15847 by agdowlin
Replied by agdowlin on topic How many days for best flavor? 35, 45?
I thought there was a big difference in flavor after just 22 days. I'm at 27 days now and I'll report the difference when I hit the 45 day mark

More
1 month 1 week ago #15869 by Shooter
Replied by Shooter on topic How many days for best flavor? 35, 45?
The flavor really changes at 45 days. I don't like day 45 - 58 or 59. The flavor is intense and I don't care for it. The flavor smooths back out past 60. I've never went past 75.

More
1 month 1 week ago #15870 by Shooter
Replied by Shooter on topic How many days for best flavor? 35, 45?
Not sure where my post went?

But I think the best flavor is from 35-40 days. I don't want anything to do with something between day 45-60 the flavor is intense. But maybe that's what you are looking for? After day 60 the flavor will mellow back out. 65 to 75 days is good but you loose a lot of meat. I have never went past 75.

• funbags
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 22 hours ago #15883 by funbags
Replied by funbags on topic How many days for best flavor? 35, 45?
I went to 35 for my first loin sub-primal and brisket, noticed the same things as you (or lack thereof). Took my next piece, a rib sub-primal to 45 and haven't looked back since. Sirloin, brisket, loins and ribs all seem to land on that perfect umai flavor, but not too much, right at the 45 day mark.

More
1 month 21 hours ago #15885 by agdowlin
Replied by agdowlin on topic How many days for best flavor? 35, 45?
I just did a rib roast at 22, then re-sealed it, and opened it up at 37. I dont think i would want and more dry age flavor than what i got at 37days. 22 days still had dry age flavor but more mild. I will try 45 days just to see how it comes out but i think 35 will be nest for me.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds