There is a bit of greed mold on the outside and at first there was some liquid.

• vondwarf
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 7 hours ago #15896 by vondwarf
Hello all

So after a week or two (dry ageing pork). I noticed that there was some type of orage/brownish liquid at the bottom of my rack and where the bag was touching the rack there was a little bit of green mold, the top part is starting to show bits of white mold i think not to sure. Also i think that the bottom there was less air flow which is why i am guessing it has not progressed much. Probably the meat has gone bad, there is a strage smell to the under side of the bag, not a rotting smell.

For the future is there any danger if i flip the meat once a day.

Any tips and advice is much appreciated.

imgur.com/gallery/nomkt1B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 1 hour ago #15897 by BagLady
First off, green mold is never, ever a good sign.

Second, we don’t recommend a dry aging pork. You will find no recommendations Or advice for dry cured pork space on our site. We only recommend pork for curing in 3% salt and 0.25% #2 curing salt .

Lastly, the meat should not be pulling liquid or turning color if you are using a regularly used modern frost free kitchen refrigerator located in a room temperature environment . If the fridge is working, and you have enough space under the open wire rack, the moisture should be removed very affectively. We recommend resting the meat fat cap up for the first week, then flipping once and allowing to continue dry aging to the end..
Sorry about what sounds like the rotten pork.

Dry aging geek

• vondwarf
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 1 hour ago #15898 by vondwarf
Ty for the advice. Will keep it inmind i to my next try.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds