Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

After having 2,540 posts I just wanted to say goodbye before the lights go out

• RRP
  • RRP's Avatar Topic Author
  • retired dude
More
1 month 4 days ago #16103 by RRP
Hard to believe it's been ten years after telling Thea I would be happy to be the moderator for a forum if she would pull the trigger and let it be! As a retired dude I knew I had the time and experience with her product so that I could help as she had plenty of other things to do rather than take on yet another duty running the thriving new company!

It's been a fun 10 years and the move to the new software platform makes sense! I'll still be around over there and may even jump in when I think I might be able to help.

Ron aka RRP
Dunlap, IL
More
1 month 1 day ago #16104 by Gerneio
Hey Ron,

I just discovered this forum and have already seen a ton of post from ya, so i can tell you're highly involved. Hopefully all this forum data is archived properly so it can still be used as a knowledge base.

I have a very odd question for you, if you dont mind. I'm in the middle of my first dry aging attempt with these bags. The idea is to serve them for Xmas dinner. I did a strip roast and a ribeye roast. Unfortunately, I didn't get the ribeye's until a little later, so by Xmas they'll only be about 20 days aged. The question: Is it possible/practical to butcher a section of the roast after 20 days of dry aging and then reseal the remaining cut of meat in a fresh bag to finish out the dry aging term? Ideally I want at least 35 days, but would be nice to at least give the family a try at it for Xmas.
  • RRP
  • RRP's Avatar Topic Author
  • retired dude
More
1 month 23 hours ago #16105 by RRP
Archives? Yes - they are at the new site, so it's hitting the ground running!

As for cutting in half and saving the rest - yes some people have done that before, BUT you do run the risk of introducing bacteria when opening, cutting and resealing. What I'd recommend instead is go ahead and enjoy the whole thing instead. 20 days isn't real long for aging, but still it will have some benefit.

See ya over on Richpanel!
Ron
  • gjones2324@verizon.net
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #16111 by gjones2324@verizon.net
Thanks, Ron! You’ve been great.
Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds