VACMASTER VP112 QUESTION

• ryan0427
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #1964 by ryan0427
VACMASTER VP112 QUESTION was created by ryan0427
HI ! IM THINKING OF GETTING THE VACMASTER VP112 AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY CAN TELL ME HOW MANY POUNDS OF RIBEYE ROAST OR NEWYORK STRIP FIT INTO THE MACHINE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1965 by toasty
Replied by toasty on topic Re:VACMASTER VP112 QUESTION
ryan0427 wrote:

HI ! IM THINKING OF GETTING THE VACMASTER VP112 AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY CAN TELL ME HOW MANY POUNDS OF RIBEYE ROAST OR NEWYORK STRIP FIT INTO THE MACHINE.

That's a bit of a toughie. I haven't used the VP112 for ribeye or NY Strip.

The INSIDE dimensions of the chamber (usable - you have to leave room for the sealing bar) are 12" wide x 10" front to back. This is a bit problematic - all drybags seal on the smaller dimension (10x11, 10x20, 12x24, 16x28). So I'm not sure what the best answer is. Considering that you have to make a cut, if you were trying to bag the whole thing you could probably cut both the meat and a 12x24 (sub-primal) bag in two, and put half the meat in each bag.

Or, you could cut the meat so that it is no more than twelve inches "long", and stick it across the bottom of a 16x28 (short loin) bag. That would give you the largest single cut, but you'll waste a lot of bag.

I did something like that with a sirloin sub-primal. I got the whole thing done that way, but I still had to use the Sinbo to do the corners, because the VP112 can't seal 16" wide. I got a great vacuum adherence and a great seal.

And I wasted a lot of a short loin bag. Actually, I save it, because I might do something similar again.

Most folks here have reported excellent results with the Sinbo. The VP112 is much less fussy, but it can't do the very large cuts.

I love my VP112.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2030 by toasty
Replied by toasty on topic Re:VACMASTER VP112 QUESTION
I love drybagging. And I love my VacMaster VP112.

For drybagging large subprimals, an "exterior" - style vacuum sealer is necessary, and I like the Sinbo. (much more than the FoodSaver). But I absolutely love my VP112 when it comes to portioning, or marinating, or so many other things.

Today I processed a strip loin into 17 steaks (about 3/4" as requested, but maybe some were closer to 1"). And they went into the (cheap!) bags with 1 oz of mashed ginger/garlic and 1/2 cup of marinade per steak. And the Vacmaster sealed them all without any issue. No sucking the marinade, no ... anything.

For sure, I'll tell my kids to skip the FoodSaver and go directly to a chamber sealer.

drybag and vp112 is the way to go.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds