Is there a practical way to capture humidity?

• Clam Digger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Farmer, Musician, Cold Beer Judge, and Family Man!
More
8 years 6 months ago #2011 by Clam Digger
Replied by Clam Digger on topic Re:Is there a practical way to capture humidity?
Yes, I have Cooked turkey breast and legs in the SV . It was amazing and I added my butter and spice to the bag so it was a dinner in a bag. Serve with potatoes, gravy, rice, chocolate, and a glass of milk and more gravy and soy for the rice, a few nuts and some almond cookies, Coors light,...

This was for lunch.

Charlie B)

I love the fact that when I precook my steaks there is some juice in the bag so I make au jus sauce.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• toasty
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #2012 by toasty
Clam Digger wrote:

Yes, I have Cooked turkey breast and legs in the SV . It was amazing and I added my butter and spice to the bag so it was a dinner in a bag. Serve with potatoes, gravy, rice, chocolate, and a glass of milk and more gravy and soy for the rice, a few nuts and some almond cookies, Coors light,...

This was for lunch.

Charlie B)

I love the fact that when I precook my steaks there is some juice in the bag so I make au jus sauce.

I think you lost me at the first "rice" -- rice AND potatoes?

Moving forward, "chocolate" ?? And, by "soy" I hope you mean "soy sauce" and not "soy oil" or "soy" anything-else. <shiver>

I agree with you on the au jus. I often do a large beef shoulder roast for 48 hours and make a roux and then add the juice from the bag. My wife says it's the ugliest, tastiest gravy ever. (I don't blame her - it's got a lot of red color left in it.)

• Clam Digger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Farmer, Musician, Cold Beer Judge, and Family Man!
More
8 years 6 months ago #2013 by Clam Digger
Replied by Clam Digger on topic Re:Is there a practical way to capture humidity?
Shrimp,beef,chicken, and pork fried rice with Marca Pin~a.

pinakamasarap.com/

Charlie B)

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2789 by Gourmet
My mother told me about defrosting but that was a long time ago.
You're living dangerously with all that meat sitting in a humid or iced up fridge.
Go to goodwill and get a used fridge. It'll pay for itself in a year in electricity savings. And you won't confuse the cat.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds