Vacuum sealer upkeep.

• Claydon
  • Claydon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #2408 by Claydon
Vacuum sealer upkeep. was created by Claydon
Just a general question. I have the snorkel system supplied by our good friends at Umai and no matter how hard I try and little bit of meaty juice stuff gets sucked into it. How do I clean this out?! I can't imagine leaving that thing without cleaning. Seems like a total breeding ground for some nasty bugs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2410 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Re:Vacuum sealer upkeep.
back maybe a year ago someone really had sucked a lot of liquid into his machine and he posted his method of cleaning it - as I recall it wasn't that big of a job. OTOH I don't recall anybody since then until your post mentioning it as a problem again. EDITED:You might want to check the archives - I would do it for you, but I'm kind of tied up right now. scroll on down I found the thread for you.

In the meantime why not buy a package of pipe cleaners and based on the depth of where you last find goop inside your snorkel you might get an idea just how badly the inside might be coated. If nothing else see when your nose smells and/or using a rigid toothpick see what scrapes out of your snorkel. Keep us posted though as it is a good question! Ron
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by RRP.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
8 years 4 months ago #2411 by RRP
my other thought is while it could be a sanitary issue keep it mind it is sucking the air out and not blowing it in the bag so unless the vacuuming process is hampered I don't think I'd worry too much about it.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
8 years 4 months ago #2412 by RRP
I found the thread. Jason started it 8 months ago and it began here:
www.drybagsteak.com/forum/17-dry-aging-w...gs/1202-blood-sucker

While Jason apparently posted a "how to" on his facebook I couldn't open it but if you scroll on down to the reply #1316 by Andy he describes how he cleaned his snorkel vacuum.

Hope this helps!

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds