To late to drybag??

• catnip
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 3 months ago #2612 by catnip
Replied by catnip on topic Re:To late to drybag??
Well I didn't come this far to mess it up so I will take at least one of the ribeyes to at least 28 days. How about the sirloin is there a minimum time for that in your opinion?

The meat is in our second fridge in the basement .... but even there it may be out of sight but it sure isn't out of mind!! :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aiki
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • A big fan of BGE and Primo grills
More
8 years 3 months ago #2616 by aiki
Replied by aiki on topic Re:To late to drybag??
Hang on! It's worth the wait!

More
8 years 3 months ago #2617 by toasty
Replied by toasty on topic Re:To late to drybag??
catnip wrote:

Well I didn't come this far to mess it up so I will take at least one of the ribeyes to at least 28 days. How about the sirloin is there a minimum time for that in your opinion?

The meat is in our second fridge in the basement .... but even there it may be out of sight but it sure isn't out of mind!! :silly:

I am, sadly, not aging ANYTHING at the moment. I'm kicking myself for not getting stuff into the fridge, because I'll be gone for a week for work, and could have gotten in an extra week without the stress of being patient!

My recollection is that the top sirloin is "thicker", and a ribeye is "longer". So, based on that, plus the fact that the top sirloin starts more chewy than ribeye, I'd recommend a longer aging for the top sirloin than for the ribeye. It's certainly my plan to try that when I get back.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.671 seconds