I'm back and looking for advice on a refrigerator

• BeefIsWhatsForDinner
  • BeefIsWhatsForDinner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #4394 by BeefIsWhatsForDinner
I'm back and looking for advice on a refrigerator was created by BeefIsWhatsForDinner
Hello UMAi community,

Wondering if anyone here has seen or used or knows someone with this refrigerator?
www.bestbuy.com/site/Igloo+-+10.0+Cu.+Ft...006&id=1218603009663

I was thinking this would be a minimal investment along with the UMAi starter kit for me to start enjoying aged beef. With shipping and tax, it comes to just over $300. This 10 Cu. Ft. refrigerator looks perfect for aging meats.

Look forward to any comments, thanks for reading.

Jon
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by BeefIsWhatsForDinner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
5 years 9 months ago #4395 by RRP
Welcome back, Jon! I have not heard of this unit so I can't help you, but I can read the nearly 200 customer comments and in general they are positive. I don't know where you live but if it were me before I paid $200 for an appliance and then $100 more for shipping and handling I would see what else is available in my market for that $300...even used! Where I live our utility company offers $25 and haul off for anybody who wants to buy a new refrigerator. I bet those units are being resold to somebody who resells them cheap! As long as the unit runs, cools and circulates the air then you'll be fine for using it for aging your beef. Ron

• BeefIsWhatsForDinner
  • BeefIsWhatsForDinner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 9 months ago #4396 by BeefIsWhatsForDinner
Replied by BeefIsWhatsForDinner on topic I'm back and looking for advice on a refrigerator
Hello Ron,

Thanks for the quick reply and advice.

I currently live in the mountains and a used fridge isn't really an option for me. Don't get me wrong, there is a market for that but they tend to be older than I'd like and more expensive than this one. What I think I'm going to do is drive to a Best Buy that's roughly 3-4 hour's drive and pick up two to make the trip worthwhile. Two of these will be cheaper to run than the Kelvinator (Made by AMC) I'm using as an extra fridge. The Kelvinator could have worked but after some testing, I couldn't keep the temp between 34-36 degrees to save my life. Not worth the risk with pricey subprimal's. Heck, It's a good excuse to drive into civilization and do some bulk shopping!

I'm planning to fully invest into my meat eating experience by getting the UMAi Starter Kit, possibly a couple refrigerator's, the Sansaire sous vide contraption and of course the meats. Ron, I think that you've convinced many that the 45 day sirloin is the way to go. My plan is to have everything in place and aging for an amazing Christmas Dinner.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #6128 by bemco
To look at

steaklocker.com

it one manufacturing a special refrigerator for maturation,
J have some to order one of Belgium, t
he machine comes from sandiego California

belge aimant la viande
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by .

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds