Bone in ribeye

• gundlrak
  • gundlrak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 11 months ago #4649 by gundlrak
Bone in ribeye was created by gundlrak
I want to dry age a bone in ribeye around 4 bone any seasoning or not ?? And how long does stay in the frig in the UHMi dry bag. Thanks gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #4654 by droth455
Replied by droth455 on topic Bone in ribeye
No seasoning! Do that after, unless you want to be a rebel and post the results.

Age it as long as you'd like. People here have gone 60 or more days with rib cuts. The instructions that come with the bags recommends 14-21, but some consider 30 a minimum for ribeye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gundlrak

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #4655 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Bone in ribeye

gundlrak wrote: I want to dry age a bone in ribeye around 4 bone any seasoning or not ?? And how long does stay in the frig in the UHMi dry bag. Thanks gary.

Gary, you have already received great advice...do not season it first. More advice is since you want to do a bone in you are running the risk of easily puncturing the bag from an edge of the bone. There are a couple ways to help protect it from the inside. One is to use a spare VacMouse strip and lay it over the exposed bone. Another solution is to use a strip of a FoodSaver bag over the exposed bone parts.

As for length of time suit yourself but keep in mind that is a thick, large piece and then leaving the bone in besides means no aging from that bone side. Personally 21 days isn't worth the bother and I would suggest no less than 45 days. Ron
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by RRP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gundlrak

• gundlrak
  • gundlrak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 11 months ago #4668 by gundlrak
Replied by gundlrak on topic Bone in ribeye
Well I guess I will not do a bone in ribeye the bone will be a problem so in its place we will do a dry age NY Strip so thanks for the input on the ribeye, Gary.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds