First timer

• Marysvilleegger1
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 6 months ago #7603 by Marysvilleegger1
First timer was created by Marysvilleegger1
Hey Guys n Gals! Just wanted to say hi and ask a question or two :) I'm a newbie to dry aging and got some bags for Xmas and am going this weekend to pick up a rib roast to dry age. I have a Kenmore select n save vacuum packer. Will that work? Any tips or tricks? Gonna go 45 days does that sound right? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
3 years 6 months ago #7604 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic First timer
Welcome, aboard, Dan! While I don't recall seeing a question raised about a Kenmore unit before my guess it was made by Food Saver which is the giant in the field. What I HIGHLY recommend that you do is to not cut any excess off your first bag so if the sealing process fails or your time or temperature needs to be adjusted you can cut off the first attempt and try again. I recall I sealed my first bag 5 or 6 times until I got the hang of it. Unfortunately some people will pitch their first bag, move on to their next and next! That IMO is so silly! Its like learning to ride a bike...try - fall off - go buy a new bike...try - fall off - go buy a new bike...
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds