Jerky gun for stuffing sausage casing?

• Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 weeks ago #10069 by 737
I can get my hands on a jerky gun and my question is has anyone used one to stuff a Umai Dry 50mm casing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #10077 by Hillbilly John
Replied by Hillbilly John on topic Jerky gun for stuffing sausage casing?
I guess technically the answer is "yes"...much in the way that technically I could fill my bathtub with a caulk-gun.

Hit a flea-market or something to get some sort of sausage-stuffer. ...just my advice. Even if you can find the right size tube, I've seen where people just push the meat thru with their thumbs. I've seen stuffers at flea-markets for $5.

Just my .02 worth.

Presque Isle, Wi - A friendly drinking town with a fishing problem.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #10081 by MarkD51
Replied by MarkD51 on topic Jerky gun for stuffing sausage casing?
I would think such would work OK, same basic principle in that you won't over-mangle the sausage mix. Downsides would be how much inconvenience would you be able to tolerate?

If for say you were maybe going to make a couple-few lbs of Italian Sausage for the grill, not too hard. But for 10-20 lbs or more to hang?

And especially if this is something you'd like doing on a regular periodic basis, then I'd say no, get a dedicated Stuffer. Those will be the ticket, if you're a person looking to do very coarse grinds and keep those grinds intact.

I's stay away fro those old fashioned Horn Shaped Stuffers that came over on the Boat with Christopher Columbus. To get a more modern crank gear driven style. I got one somewhere, they are crap.

That old saying comes to mind, when you spend a little more, and buy good quality, you've only wasted some of your money, but to buy some lesser junk, then you wasted all of your money

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds