Transfering meat

• bonefire
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #13830 by bonefire
Transfering meat was created by bonefire
Hi guys, I am very interested in buying Umai kit, but I have a rather basic question. Maybe it was answered on here already so I apologize, but search didn't bring it up....
1 - common logic says the meat should be clean (as much as possible) before sealing so no harmful bacteria develop while aging. How do you guys (that are using Umai) ensure that?
2 - do you wash the meat before or transfer (as in the Umai) video from shop bag into Umai bag?
3 - in the link below T-Roy has the meat open air in the garden on a rather dirty looking tray, would that be concerning from a contamination risk perspective?

Thx for opinions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #13831 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Transfering meat
Welcome aboard!

For safety reasons and for better immediate adhesion of the UMAi Dry Bag to the meat then I never wipe down nor rinse my meat. Why? there actually is a far greater risks of contamination! When I buy my meat in the cry-o-vac bag I cut one end off the cry-o-vac and drain off any excessive moisture. Then after rolling the UMAi bag back I slip the sub-primal right in.

I have watched that video and he is entitled to his opinion and I to mine. To me 30 days is not long enough and he trimmed excessively. That exterior "crust" becomes soft and super delicious.
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds