New to the forum. I need help with what equipment I need to purchase.

• Stro3579
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #13947 by Stro3579
Im interested in dry aging a whole packet prime brisket. I dont really know what equipment I will need to purchase or the process. I will also be doing rib eyes and Filet mignons in the future. Is there a dry age unit that also will work for vacum sealing? I ask because I need one of those as well. Any suggestion and tips would be greatly appreiciated. Being that I am a Noob, I want to just try it out before I invest alot of money in a Machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #13948 by RRP
While a good sealer such as those sold by Food Saver will make the job easier here's another method which will show you the wonderful world of dry aging.

You do NOT need a perfect vacuum with the UMAi Bag to achieve proper aging! You don't even need a Food Saver!! What you can do instead is to place the meat inside the bag, press the bag against the meat, and then gather the open end of the bag together and insert a flexible straw or piece of tubing into the gathered end, continue to squeeze out any captured air and then just suck any remaining air as best you can - then quickly yank out the tubing and seal the bag using a bread twisty - one of those paper or plastic "bread twistys".

Ron

• Stro3579
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #13949 by Stro3579
Wow, I will give this a try. should I try a smaller cut of beef first?

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #13950 by RRP
I would if I were you.

BTW I forgot to welcome you aboard so WELCOME!

Ron

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds