Odor after 2-3 days?

• Slick
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #14279 by Slick
Odor after 2-3 days? was created by Slick
I’ve noticed a odor in the fridge and the freezer. Temps are holding 34-37 deg I’ve got a 17lb boneless ribeye in the Umai bag.

The odor smells a lot like Greek yougurt.

I hope this isn’t a question that gets asked a lot. I did try and find similar topics with no luck.

Thanks Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #14280 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Odor after 2-3 days?
I would not rule out something else is smelling in your refrigerator. If no other culprit can be found then my guess is the meat was already contaminated as there is no way it should be smelling in just 2 or 3 days! And if it is an offensive oder it sure isn't because of the UMAi Dry® bag it's the meat.

BTW can all family members smell something without some just parroting what one family member said?
Ron

• Slick
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #14291 by Slick
Replied by Slick on topic Odor after 2-3 days?
I don’t have anything else in the fridge except bottled water. I did put a box of baking soda in the fridge and it’s seems to be better. As of now I’m just going to wait it out and see what happens. I will post of pictures each week and go from there.

I did purchase the meat directly from the packing company and it looked and smelt fine when I transferred it to the Bag.
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Slick.

• Dil950
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 13 hours ago #14293 by Dil950
Replied by Dil950 on topic Odor after 2-3 days?
I'm not an expert on meat or dry aging...but if you think about the supermarket or if you buy a steak, they are sitting in the fridge for 2-3 days after the vac bag..and don't have any smell. Unless your fridge isn't consistently holding temp, can't imagine any freshly unpacked meat smelling in that time.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds