Bactoferm T-SPX Starter Culture Question

• sammy322
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 11 hours ago #14573 by sammy322
Hey everyone - I have used the umai dry sopressata recipe in the past with great success however a small error occurred on my last batch. Normally I would stuff my sopressata and hang them for 2-3 days at room temperature to allow the starter culture to do its thing, than place them in the refrigerator to age/cure.

2 days ago, for whatever reason, once I was done stuffing the sopressata, I forgot to hang them at room temperature and placed them in the refrigerator right away. They have been in the fridge for 2 days.

Should I remove the chubbs and let them sit at room temp for few days than place them back in the frig? So the starter culture can work. Will this affect anything?

Or should I just leave them in the fridge. Has only been two days. What would you guys do? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BagLady
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 weeks 11 hours ago #14574 by BagLady
Replied by BagLady on topic Bactoferm T-SPX Starter Culture Question
The culture will not "come to life" and drop the pH unless it is at room temp. You'd be best pulling them back out into the warmth day, meeting them cozy up and turn color. That will tell you the pH has dropped, ensuring safety.

Dry aging geek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds