• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 4 days ago #14602 by MattyC429
fridge temperature question was created by MattyC429
Hi,

So I'm in the midst of my first dry aging experience. I'm 25 days in, I have a full size frost free fridge I've been using. I also to keep an eye on temperature control have put a digital thermometer in as well with alerts set for 0 and 4c. It has stayed between 1.2c and 3.4c and in between 30-45% humidity the entire time, until this morning. when i woke the temp was at 3.6c, I watched the humidity spike and cause the temperature to rise up to 4.1 before falling back down after I was able to cool the fridge setting.

Having seen that this all happened over the course of 5-10 minutes I'm not worried about spoiling, especially cause the meat temp shouldn't fluctuate as fast as the air however did it just ruin my dry aging process? should I cut it up or let it go for the last 3 days?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BagLady
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 4 days ago #14603 by BagLady
Replied by BagLady on topic fridge temperature question
Matt,
UMAi Dry® is designed for the home user who cannot monitor these numbers as closely as you are. It is meant to be foolproof. In truth, your frost free fridge can fluctuate between 1-6C with no impact. We recommend the 1-4C to be just that much more cautious. Let it go, sniff the surface, trust your nose. Remember that the meat is sterile on the inside, so any spoilage will begin on the exterior "bark."

Dry aging geek

• MattyC429
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 4 days ago #14604 by MattyC429
Replied by MattyC429 on topic fridge temperature question
Thanks, that's good to know. I thought once it hit above 3.4 it might've stopped the proteins and ruined the aging process. Definitely takes some stress away to start my next one.

More
3 days 23 hours ago #14644 by BobbyPerez
Replied by BobbyPerez on topic fridge temperature question
I think there is a defrost button in the fridge which is used to make device's temperature above the freezing point. You can also use this button to maintain the operating efficiency of your fridge. Well, this procedure can be periodically performed in the refrigerator. I know how important refrigerator is in every season in order to preserve food for a longer period of time. One can check this site www.santabarbarahvaccontractor.com if you are facing any trouble related to your refrigerator.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds