Is this green mold? Help with loading pics

• Schnabelj
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #15158 by Schnabelj
I put this 11lb ribeye in the fridge 3 days ago and it seems to have green mold already. The fridge is a new lg that holds 34deg very consistently. It is periodically opened for a short time. When I put the meat in the umai bag I washed the cryovac and dried it with paper towel cleand counter top and slid the meat in cryovac into umai and removed cryovac never touching meat. I did have trouble sealing took me 3 times on same bag till It sealed well. I got about 90% air out and is still holding good seal. Does this look like mold or just muscle bruising?
www.flickr.com/photos/185855261@N03/shares/326Q97

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185855261@N03/shares/326Q97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #15159 by RRP
It is extremely hard for me to believe you have green mold just after 3 days based on what all you have described. BTW even if it is surface mold, then that layer is trimmed off anyway. Unless the meat is punctured such as in blading tenderizing done in an unsantiary environment then mold is on the surface and not in the meat!
Ron

• Schnabelj
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #15160 by Schnabelj
Replied by Schnabelj on topic Is this green mold? Help with loading pics
I have read a lot and understand that some is natural , but it's my first time and it's a Christmas gift for someone so I'm a bit paranoid. It's a blueish green which makes me think it's a blood/protein reaction to the elements and not mold. I can take more up close pictures in a few days to see progressing. Thanks for the reply

• Schnabelj
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #15168 by Schnabelj
Replied by Schnabelj on topic Is this green mold? Help with loading pics
This seems to be spreading but no foul odor. Bluish color seems to be spreading and there is a bit more air in the bag now. How bad should the smell be if it is bad? www.flickr.com/photos/185855261@N03/shares/9F117n

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds