Nuther one hit the cutting board!

• Char-Woody
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #882 by Char-Woody
Nuther one hit the cutting board! was created by Char-Woody
Today I pulled a "Select" 15.6 lb. start up weight Ribeye Loin from the small GE refrigerator where it rested nicely for (20) days. It weighed in at 13.4 lbs before slicing. The "Select" had noticeably less marbling, but did have quite a few speckles in the meat grains.. I think I will be satisfied when I grill these in my Primo Ceramic lump charcoal grill. :P I didn't post pictures prior to the slice, and the after sliced look, but I may when I do the grilling.
The exterior had a very good dark crusting..not heavy, but a uniform crusting.
It will be very easy to trim prior to the grilling so I will have the on/off options then on the exterior.
After the Foodsaver revacuuming and placing in the freezer, I went up to my local Fareway Meat Market and purchased another 15.4 lb. "Choice" loin, and it will start its time tomorrow. So if gas goes to 4 bucks a gallon, I will be housebound with some great cooking companions.
Cheers..
:)
"C~W"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
8 years 8 months ago #884 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Nuther one hit the cutting board!
LOL - if your car(s) is sitting there with $4 gas in the tank(s) that might cause some sneak to try to syphon it then where do you place your security dog? Watching the gas or the dry aged steaks? :laugh:

I had said I was going to start a new primal last week after a class, but as it turned out we are having a Cabin Fever Cookout this Saturday in Peoria, IL and I have several containers in the refrig marinating chicken wings, chicken breast strips and my special home made pork meat balls so once again space is limited! :laugh:

• Char-Woody
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #887 by Char-Woody
Replied by Char-Woody on topic Nuther one hit the cutting board!
I learned a few year ago.. when I found a partially emptied tank, to put on a gas tank lock... No problems since or now.. :woohoo:

Oh.. Peoria, Illinois.. I went through or past there in the wee hours of the morning, and I would dread doing it in mid day traffic.
Yikes....and Good Luck..
"C~W"

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
8 years 8 months ago #889 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Nuther one hit the cutting board!
Char-Woody wrote:

Oh.. Peoria, Illinois.. I went through or past there in the wee hours of the morning, and I would dread doing it in mid day traffic.
Yikes....and Good Luck..
"C~W"

That must have really been years ago! We have a traffic friendly 6 lane expressway that even widens to 8 lanes through the heart of the city so going through is a snap. OTOH there is also a 4 lane bypass so you can avoid Peoria all together!

• scott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #891 by scott
Replied by scott on topic Nuther one hit the cutting board!
sounds good, shame there's pics RRP!

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds