60 day dry aged steak moist

• Daniel890628
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #15872 by Daniel890628
60 day dry aged steak moist was created by Daniel890628
Did a 60 day age for the first time. Pellicle was rock solid with no mold. When I removed the pellicle and cut the meat into steaks, the meat was moist, but no foul smell. Moist enough for me to pay it dry with a paper towel. And the meat was VERY tender. No odd colors seen too. I’ve learned to let the nose be your guide, but I’ve dry aged for 45 days multiple times and it was dry and not this moist. Is this moisture still ok?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel890628
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #15874 by Daniel890628
Replied by Daniel890628 on topic 60 day dry aged steak moist
Ok. Sounds good. It’s interesting because it was the only thing in the refrigerator. But I figured it should be ok, but wanted to hear from others. Thank you for the quick response!

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 month 1 week ago #15875 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic 60 day dry aged steak moist
UMAi Dry® bags are designed to be used in a modern, frost free refrigerator in regular use located within a consistent room temperature environment. Furthermore the regular opening and closing on a daily basis means a better turn over of the air within. Just putting the meat in a bag in a refrigerator all by itself can actually lead to a disaster! So where was this never used unit and was it instead one of those small dormitory or even a wine cooler refrigerator?
Ron

• Daniel890628
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #15876 by Daniel890628
Replied by Daniel890628 on topic 60 day dry aged steak moist
It’s a normal household refrigerator/freezer. We only kept over flow items like bottled water, butter sticks and some other meats that we eat quickly but had no room in our main refrigerator. I didn’t leave it closed and isolated for the full 60 days. I probably opened the door every other day to get things out and put other things in.
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Daniel890628.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds