• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 2 days ago #15949 by Bosscow
The bag loose after 15 days was created by Bosscow
Hi, I'm new to this dry aging process.
Currently dry aging striploin for 15days, but today i found out that the bag has no contact with the meat at all.
There is no rotten smell etc, the blood is dry.
A lot of air inside the bag, I presume because I touched the bag on the first week to make sure it dry age perfectly.
Any suggestions? Should i reseal the bag
Or should i change to new bag? And is it okay if i reseal the bag without the white cloth?
One more thing I'm using the big vacuum sealer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 week 1 day ago #15950 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic The bag loose after 15 days
At this point based on your description of the meat being dry and the bag is loose it wouldn't adhere to a new bag anyway, so don't bother wasting a new bag, nor your time trying. I'm curious though, where did you buy the meat? I mean from a butchers's display window? If so then the meat was dry to start with and adhering would be very unlikely. We recommend ONLY buying sub-primals that are still sealed in cryovac material. Then the direct transfer would have included the proper moisture for successful adhesion.
Ron

• Bosscow
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 1 day ago #15951 by Bosscow
Replied by Bosscow on topic The bag loose after 15 days
The meat is froze
And we take out for 4 hours then we start to put it in the bag. Its australian wagyu.
Any recommendations what should i do?
Should i buy a new bag and put more water and seal? The thing is that the first time i put it in the bag, the bag doesnt loose for 7 days
Thanks in advance

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #15952 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic The bag loose after 15 days
If I'm understanding you correctly - you said it was frozen and you let it warm up for 4 hours before bagging it. Then when you said "the bag doesn't loose for 7 days" do you mean the bad adhered for 7 days and then came loose? Correct?

Now more questions pop up? What temperature are you maintaining? And are you using a modern, frost free refrigerator located in a living area (i.e. not a garage or a basement) which is opened and closed on a daily basis.

Again though at this point I don't see any benefit on wasting a new bag - as trying to wet the meat now would just add the risk of introducing bacteria.
Ron
Last edit: 1 week 1 day ago by RRP.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds