Sealing Lost

More
2 years 8 months ago #9163 by Jo
Sealing Lost was created by Jo
Hi,

This is my first dryaged attempt

After 5 days, my bag loose is sealing. I try the straw technique to remove the air, but the air always came back

There is something to do, or I can sleep on my two ears

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 years 8 months ago #9167 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Sealing Lost
Sorry to say, but quite clearly you either never had a good seal or you have a hole, rip or whatever in your bag. If I were you I would inspect the bag very closely as well as the sealed end. Don't panic! Tell me what you find and then hopefully I can talk you thru from there. I'm headed to bed for tonight, but don't worry...your meat is NOT going bad and morning or tomorrow night is still ample time to fix it! Unfortunately the Internet has spread such stupid erroneous myths to make people think their meat is going to rot as soon as they bring it home - which is NOT true! Ron

More
2 years 8 months ago #9168 by Jo
Replied by Jo on topic Sealing Lost
Thanks for quick reply,

I didn't see anithing deffective on the bag or the seal.

When I did the vaccum with the food saver, I have never succeeded to reach the necessary vacuum to make the automatic seal, but the bag was thight on the meat. Day after day the bag became loose like the picture I posted before.

I tried to remove the air with a straw and put back a tape . no success

Let me know if I need to put the meat in a new bag or not ?

regards

More
2 years 8 months ago #9169 by Jim
Replied by Jim on topic Sealing Lost
If the meat is resting on a wire rack meat side down, it should be ok. After a few days you can flip it over to the fat side. UMAi Dry is not a vacuum bag, it a membrane that lets oxygen and moisture through.

More
2 years 8 months ago #9170 by Adventureman
Replied by Adventureman on topic Sealing Lost
My first seal seemed a bit loose so after 4 days I pulled it out and re vacuum sealed it, you have to make sure you use the moist /hot seal setting...Its all good now the 28th of Feb will be 35 days...I have an the 8 day out of country biz trip so I may bump it to 42-45 days and cut it open when i get back after the 8th of Mar... Cant wait.

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds