Seal Problems with FoodSaver V2866

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
2 years 2 months ago #9408 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Seal Problems with FoodSaver V2866
Those may work for you. Another trick I forgot to mention is after you insert the meat in the bag then slip that into a piece of "butcher's netting" which you might be able to buy from your local butcher. The alternative to that netting is to use a piece of women's panty hose! SERIOUSLY! The point is it compresses against the bag helping you drive out the air. Once you have the bag sealed remove the netting or panty hose.

One other thought Pedro if you insist on trying a piece of FS bag "your way" and NOT the way I demonstrated that works in that 5 minute video I posted then don't trim down the bag to size and use that ONE bag time and time again as practice to get the hang of how the sealer will work for you. Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 5 days ago #13785 by Consumer
Replied by Consumer on topic Seal Problems with FoodSaver V2866
I've been having some problems with my Foodsaver. Sometimes, the bags do not seal completely, and they lose their vacuum, sometimes they won't vacuum down at all. I was going through some stuff in the freezer, found another bag of meat with no vacuum.

After reading this review I've been buying the Walmart "Great Value" roll bags. They seem a little thinner than the name brand Foodsaver ones. Wonder if this is my whole problem? I just thought I'd ask the forum if anyone else uses them, and what luck they've had with them before I throw them out and buy some real Foodsaver ones.

Thanks,
Serhij

• RRP
  • Away
  • retired dude
More
8 months 5 days ago #13786 by RRP
Replied by RRP on topic Seal Problems with FoodSaver V2866
Just for clarification to any newbies reading this the question that Serhij has posed is NOT an alternate to using a UMAi Bag, but instead a bag used to protect food going into a freezer.
Ron

In the past I purchased an off brand roll material and never had an issue. However the supplier was a small mom & pop operation which went out of business.

Food Saver has that propriety style bag and it does seem to be overpriced. What I did was sign up at Food Saver and every once in a while they have close outs or simply great sales and I make a "large purchase". As a for instance I use lots of the preformed bags so I bought 8 boxes of pint size and 4 boxes of quarts, and 6 rolls of the 11". I forget the exact savings now but I do recall I saved 50% over retail store prices.
Ron

Moderators: RRP
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds