First timer & resealed eye of round beef after 3-4 days...am i ok?

• FBSK_1907
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #15301 by FBSK_1907
That is the first time i am using Umai bag and i started with charcuterie bag to make bresaola. I cured an eye of round beef for two weeks (umai recipe), rinsed and put it into Umai bag.

I thought that i had a good vacuum and sealing but than i noticed that i am losing contact (much less than %70-80) at the second day. So i changed the bag at second day.

It turned out the same after two days i changed the bag. Than i thought that i realised what i was doing wrong. I had dried the meat with paper towel after rinsing subsequent to curing. Than i spread paprika which made it even drier.

So i thought that the issue was lack of moisture. I crossed my fingers and decided to open the seal (at 4th cumulative day). I put the gloves on and cut the bag from its seal. The smell was ok and there were not any trace of spoiling. I removed the butchers knot, wet the meat with water and that i resealed with the same bag. The vacuum and contact looked perfect at first and second day.

As today is 10th day, i still have a very good contact and it has already started to change color after 6-7 days. But i can not help thinking that i might have spoiled the meat. Do you think what i did spoil the meat?

I am writing this down both to reilieve myself if possible and to be able to helpful to others through your comments on what i experienced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds